<body>

Grandpa. @ 07 July, 2011

I suddenly miss Grandpa so much after hearing him over the phone. It's like when i call to look for Grandma, Grandpa would happily say, "Hang on ah Jobell," Then he'll call Grandma like this, "Nenek! Jojo on the phone ~~~." It's his voice that sounds really awesome. By the way, Jobell is how he pronounce my name now because he has no more front teeth. Grandpa isn't a person who express his feelings well. But i know he loves me. We don't seem close on the contrary, but on the inside we are. I might look closer to Grandma because since young i often talk to her, go to the market with her, so on and so forth. Not that i don't really talk to Grandpa but i don't know how to. However, one awesome fact about him is that he can communicate with birds. I mean, not everyone knows how to, in a unique way or so. I admire the way he can talk to birds and ask them questions. And my jaws dropped when i heard them chirping away. I can't understand a single thing but Grandpa does. Grandpa is brave. He would catch lizards which appeared in the toilets whom which always never fail to give me a big shock, and throw it away immediately.

Grandpa has 2 careers. Being a chef, and being a sailor. I never get bored of asking him to tell me his sailor/chef days. I would usually sit down at the living room with him for hours and talk about the same old thing. And indeed i enjoy it very much. Though time spent together isn't really long, but i'm glad we still talk about almost everything. He's a really good cook. I love his cookings. And he's nice, just that sometimes he's hot-tempered. But overall he's marvelous. And ..... i miss you grandpa. :( I'll see you and grandma somewhere next week. Love you both.